Accueil de | Aller au contenu
> Accueil > Tangible Europe, a E... > Tous les messages
Why can’t I drive a heavy good vehicle for a French company
Message écrit le 4/07/2008 par Pierrot 14
I have worked in the UK for over 25 years as a fully qualified lorry driver with a C+E LGV licence. I have driven all over Europe as part of my duties. My licence , though issued in England, has the EU symbol on the front. I do not assume that I know everything about driving and driving regulations, but experience does give you a good insight into the job. I now live in France and would like to know, as the subject title suggests, why before I can start to work for a French haulier, I have to take a 156 hour course, costing me 2000 Euros, to teach me how to drive a lorry, basic maintainenance and respect the rules and codes of the law ? It is not a driving test, it is what the French autorities call "Une Formation". If I were to drive for a French company, lets say Norbert Dentressangle, through one of there depots in England there would be no problem, it would be totally legal, but same company through a depot here in France, NON ! ! ! The formation is called the F.I.M.O., renewable every 5 years by taking a refresher course, the F.C.O.S., lasting a week. It is only France that imposes this regulation and to me seems unfair and totally against the rules of a free Europe. I was under the impression that as a "United Europe" we would be able to work wherever we wanted to, having taken up residence there. People of other nations moving to England, can walk straight into a job driving trucks, providing they have a licence, this is also true of Brits moving to Belgium, Germany or Holland (and probably others) as I know of drivers that have done so.

Ce message n'a pas reçu de réponse.

République Française   |   SIG © 2006   |   Infos site